When a car says “Use transmitter pocket to start,” it means that the vehicle’s keyless entry system is not detecting the presence of the key fob or transmitter. This message is commonly displayed on vehicles equipped with keyless ignition systems.
Here are a few possible causes for this message and some troubleshooting steps to help you resolve the issue:
1. Weak Battery: If the battery in your key fob is weak or dead, your car may not be able to detect the transmitter. Try replacing the battery in the key fob and see if that resolves the issue.
2. Distance: Make sure you are within range of the car when trying to start it. The key fob usually needs to be within a certain distance of the car for the system to detect it. Move closer to the vehicle and try again.
3. Interference: Certain electronic devices or strong magnetic fields can interfere with the keyless entry system, preventing it from detecting the key fob. Move away from any potential sources of interference, such as other electronic devices or power lines, and try starting the car again.
4. Faulty Key Fob: If the key fob becomes damaged or malfunctions, it may not be able to communicate with the car’s keyless entry system. In this case, you may need to replace the key fob or have it repaired by a professional.
5. Faulty Keyless Entry System: In some cases, the issue may lie with the car’s keyless entry system itself. If none of the troubleshooting steps above solve the problem, it may be necessary to have the system inspected and repaired by a qualified technician.
It’s important to note that the exact steps for troubleshooting and resolving this issue may vary depending on the make and model of your vehicle. Consult your owner’s manual or contact the manufacturer for specific guidance.
In conclusion, when your car displays the message “Use transmitter pocket to start,” it means that the keyless entry system is not detecting the key fob or transmitter. By following the troubleshooting steps outlined above, you can usually resolve the issue and get your car started. If the problem persists, it may be necessary to seek professional help to diagnose and fix any underlying issues with the keyless entry system.