Installing side skirts is a popular modification that can improve the aerodynamics and overall appearance of a car. However, some car enthusiasts may be hesitant to drill holes into their car’s body to install them. Fortunately, there are alternative methods to install side skirts without drilling that are easy and effective. In this article, we will explore how to install side skirts without drilling.
- Side skirts
- Automotive double-sided tape
- Adhesion promoter
- Heat gun or hair dryer
- Clean rag
- Measuring tape
- Masking tape
- Clean the Surface: Before installing the side skirts, make sure the surface is clean and free of any debris or dirt. Use a clean rag to wipe down the area where the side skirts will be installed.
- Measure the Area: Use a measuring tape to measure the length of the area where the side skirts will be installed. Measure and mark where the side skirts will sit on the car with masking tape.
- Apply Adhesion Promoter: Apply a small amount of adhesion promoter to the area where the side skirts will be installed. This will help the double-sided tape adhere to the surface and prevent it from peeling off.
- Cut Double-Sided Tape: Cut a strip of automotive double-sided tape to the length of the marked area. Make sure the tape is wide enough to cover the entire mounting area of the side skirts.
- Apply Double-Sided Tape: Peel the protective film off one side of the double-sided tape and apply it to the area where the side skirts will be installed. Press down firmly to ensure the tape is securely adhered to the surface.
- Apply Heat: Use a heat gun or hair dryer to warm up the double-sided tape. This will activate the adhesive and make it more pliable. Be careful not to overheat the tape as it can cause it to melt.
- Install Side Skirts: Once the double-sided tape is warm and pliable, carefully align the side skirts with the marked area and press them firmly onto the double-sided tape. Apply pressure evenly across the entire length of the side skirt to ensure a secure bond.
- Clean Up: After the side skirts are installed, use a clean rag to wipe down the edges and remove any excess adhesive.
Installing side skirts without drilling can be a great alternative for car enthusiasts who do not want to permanently modify their car’s body. By using automotive double-sided tape and adhesion promoter, side skirts can be securely installed without the need for drilling. The process is easy and can be completed in a few simple steps. However, it’s important to ensure that the tape is properly applied and aligned with the marking before final installation. With proper installation, side skirts can provide a sleek and aerodynamic look to any car.