No one likes a leaking vehicle. It can be oil, antifreeze, or transmission fluid. Either way you know that eventually you’ll have to get something repaired. You wouldn’t expect it to happen to your new vehicle. Although every once and a while there is a recall.
GM recently recalled 217,000 vehicles. During the manufacturing process they accidentally forget to add 2 important bolts in some vehicles. These empty bolt holes can allow transmission fluid to leak out. If there is not enough fluid in your transmission you could be in for a costly repair.
Any of the vehicles that are affected should get a notice from the dealer allowing them to come in for an inspection and replacement of the bolts if necessary. The affected vehicles include,
- The 2018 through 2020 Chevrolet Equinox, Traverse and the GMC Terrain
- The 2018 Chevrolet Malibu
- The 2018 and 2019 Chevrolet Cruze and Buick LaCrosse
- 2019 through 2020 Buick Encore and Enclave, the Chevrolet Blazer, GMC Acadia and the Cadillac XT4
- The 2020 Cadillac XT6 also is covered.